Friday, February 18, 2011

A 'CORRUPT' BUT 'HONEST' LAWYER

 TOP LINE: 'CORRUPT' but  (?) 'HONEST' (??)

 A PUZZLE (exclusively for a student of law)


At a jail premises:
Look my dear budding lawyer! Do you know that man behind the bars is a known leading lawyer of the town!
?
But he had to call it a day and close down his profession in the aftermath of a CBI interrogation.
??
Let me narrate what happened:
Now that you are under suspicion – you better come out with a full disclosure.
Of  what?
Of what you possess.
I ‘possess’ whatever I ‘have’.
I want you to be precise – out with it,- WHAT- YOU- HAVE?
You already have my answer – I told you what I ‘have’ is what I ‘possess’.
You are beating about the bush .. well,.. let me ask you :- what  you do not possess?
Officer!  Is that not a silly question !! The burden is then on you to seek your own answer and also prove it in court.
Is that not a silly answer!!! How can anyone else prove –what one does not have!
I can cite any number of court cases – particularly under the income tax law, in Answer.
??
...Let me try and make you understand...
You know very well that I am a leading lawyer..
Of course, I know that!
Do you believe that?
Yess, of course; do I have an option!!!
But then let me tell you - what you said –you know, and what you believe, are not true or real.
......You may have had reason to believe that I must be possessing a law degree certificate .. which I do
???
Yes, what you do not know is – I have actually and factually – ‘NO –KNOWLEDGE- OF- THE- LAW’ in its profound sense.
THAT NOW, I HAVE THE ANSWER FROM YOUR OWN MOUTH, that conclusively goes to show..... you are under arrest
After a decade or so...
The lawyer was acquitted by court on the grounds that, –
As per the law:
No one can be convicted on the basis of his own statement ..
especially a self –incriminating one ..
– more so if not proved that it was not made under coercion
– further, that except the tape recorded statement, there was no other external evidence to conclusively prove the case or  satisfy the court in that behalf.
WAS THE COURT DECISION profoundly RIGHT OR WRONG?
Depending on your answer, I will tell your, - a) ‘character’; and / or b) future in law practice.
 My answer is – RIGHT...ALSO WRONG ..in balance ..' RIGHT'  *.  

THEN YOU HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE ... ARE SURE TO BECOME A JUDGE some day 

*. Ground of Decision - see the - TOP LINE

No comments:

Post a Comment